The famous adventurer, Robert Swan, said, ‘The greatest threat to our planet is the belief that someone else will save it.’
We agree. That’s why sustainable forestry is a top priority at Superior. For production of our wood-based kitchen, bathroom, bedroom and office panels, we choose suppliers who only use left-over wood in selected quality from sawmills, forest thinnings and suitable recycled wood.
Priority is given to wood close to our suppliers’ plants, thereby avoiding long delivery distances.
When it comes to helping save our planet, we aim to:
- Ensure the efficient use of raw material, including energy and water and to recycle waste.
- Prevent pollution within the company, and have plans in place to counter potential environmental hazards.
- Deal with suppliers who also have environmental sustainability as a priority.
- Promote the company’s commitment to environmental, health and safety issues to clients, suppliers and the general public.
- Annually assess our performance regarding these issues.
- Source and promote a cabinet component range that minimises the environmental impact of both production and distribution.